After a great West Coast adventure while still exploring some of the inland National Parks? This 10 day tour starts in Perth and will take you on an action packed adventure including sand boarding the dunes and swimming in some of Western Australia's most beautiful beaches. Camp under the stars as well as stay in dorm share accommodation. Need some time to relax? Sunbake on Turquoise Bay or take a quad bike out for the afternoon. Spot dolphins at Monkey Mia and get your snorkel out at Coral Bay.
This tour is only for fit and active passengers. The tour includes hikes of 5-9kms a day over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Some hikes may require sections of walking/swimming through water. Temperatures can be extreme — very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. Adventure Tours reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure. Tour is not suitable for children. There is a STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs per person, in a backpack or soft bag.
Max Passengers: 21
AUD $1595.00EUR €1330.00GBP £1070.00
|Route||Perth to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1595.00EUR €1330.00GBP £1070.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Horrocks
DEFAULT PICK UP: Barrack St Jetty, 07:15am
We journey to the Nambung National Park to explore the mysterious Pinnacles Desert, before making our way to Jurien Bay’s massive sand dunes. Make the most of your opportunity to go sandboarding down the slopes, before continuing on through Geraldton to Horrocks where you stay overnight. (LD)
Day 2 – Horrocks to Shark Bay
It’s a short drive to Kalbarri National Park where we explore some of its features including Murchison Gorge, Nature’s Window and Z-Bend Gorge (it’s a steep descent but well worth the effort). There’s also the option to abseil here (own expense). After lunch we visit the beautiful and unique Shell Beach, then travel towards Denham and Shark Bay. (BLD)
Day 3 – Shark Bay to Coral Bay
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula we make our way down to the beach and the world famous Monkey Mia dolphins – it’s a unique experience with some fantastic photo opportunities. As we travel towards Carnarvon, we stop to view the fascinating stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. After a breaking our journey with a stop at Carnarvon we continue along the highway to Coral Bay, the Jewel of the Northwest. (BLD)
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
Today is yours to explore Coral Bay and soak up the wonders of Ningaloo Reef and its fantastic marine life. You can go snorkelling, cruise on the glass bottom boat, take a quad bike tour or even a joy flight over the reef (own expense and subject to availability). Late in the afternoon we make the short drive into Exmouth. (BLD)
Day 5 – Exmouth
Another day of freedom and relaxation! You can head underwater to go diving or (in season) search for whale sharks. Alternatively, why not try out some other activities in the area including snorkeling, swimming or lazing on the beach at Turquoise Bay (optional activities, including snorkeling, at own expense). (BLD)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Karijini National Park
We travel inland, stopping in the iron ore mining town of Tom Price for provisions before setting up camp overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range. (BLD)
Days 7 and 8 – Karijini National Park
Get ready for two full days of adventure — the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini National Park and its amazing gorges. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges are some of the most unusual landforms on earth. Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and still waterholes where you can enjoy some great swimming oppurtunities. Dales Gorge, Fortesque Falls, Fern Pool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge and Hancock Gorge are just some of the stunning areas we’ll get to. Definitely a highlight! (BLD)
Day 9 – Karijini to Great Northern Highway
It’s a short drive to Auski Roadhouse before beginning our drive south along the Great Northern Highway. We travel through Newman, the iron ore Mecca of the north, and pass many large sheep stations (some over 1 million acres in size). We share our last night together at one of the vast stations in this area. (BLD)
Day 10 – Great Northern Highway to Perth
Leaving early we travel to the gold mining town of Mt Magnet. A short break and once more we are on our way to Perth. As the kilometers slip by we soon find ourselves in the wheat and sheep farming districts north east of Perth. Early afternoon will find us at the picturesque town of New Norcia, built as a mission by Benedictine monks in the 1840’s. As the day draws to a close we arrive into Perth. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Perth accommodation from 06:30am. Default pick up: Barrack St Jetty at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening Day 10.
Apr: 05 12 19 26
May: 03 10 17 31
Jun: 14 28
Jul: 05 12 19
Aug: 02 16 30
Sep: 06 13 20 27
Oct: 04 11 18
Nov: 15 29
Dec: 13 27
Jan: 10 17 24 31
Feb: 14 28
Mar: 14 21
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals and accommodation as indicated
- 6 nights multi-share accommodation (or upgrade to single/double with shared facilities) and 3 nights camping including fees and equipment
- National park entry fees
Accommodation upgrade: 3 nights camping, 6 nights private room with shared facilities
Twin/Dbl: AUD$1975 / €1645 / ₤1325
Single: AUD$2435 / €2030 / ₤1635
Upgrades are on a 'request only' basis
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD$30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- *Passengers who elect to take optional activities in Exmouth will not tour the Cape Range National Park and Turquoise Bay. Time may not permit a whale shark tour from Coral Bay.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- Adventure Tours Australia reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.