Tucked away in the South West of the country, Esperance is a coastal town you'll fall instantly in love with. The crystal clear beaches will have you hooked on the town, not to mention the nearby National Park where you can get your hiking shoes out and have an adventure. This tour also stops off at the famous Wave Rock. Enjoy five nights of bush camping under the stars and preparing meals with the rest of your group. This starts and ends in Perth.
Max Passengers: 18
AUD $770.00EUR €640.00GBP £515.00
|Route||Perth to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $770.00EUR €640.00GBP £515.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Fitzgerald National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: YHA Perth, 07:00am
The adventure begins as we travel east over the Darling Ranges. After a morning break at the historic township of York we continue our journey south. Our lunch stop will be at Wave Rock, where there is the opportunity to have a look at this amazing rock formation. After lunch we drive further south to our camp near the coast of the Fitzgerald River National Park, an internationally recognised world biosphere reserve with plenty of beautiful beaches and rugged coastline. (LD)
Day 2 – Esperance to Cape Le Grand National Park
After a morning drive along the coast we arrive in Esperance with time to have a look around and grab some lunch. We continue to Cape Le Grand National Park where we set up camp only metres from a picture postcard beach. The afternoon is free to explore this stunning coastal park with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear water. In the late afternoon, hike up the granite formation known as “Frenchman Peak” and see the stunning views of the bay and islands of the Recherche Archipelago. (BLD)
Day 3 – Cape Le Grand National Park
It’s totally up to you how you would like to spend the day enjoying this beautiful area. You may like to do one of the magnificent coastal walks or go for a swim, boogie board (own expense) or just relax and read a good book while lying on a pure white sand beach. You might have to share the bay with a couple of local kangaroos. Suggested walks will be on offer. (BLD)
Day 4 – Stirling Ranges
Leaving early, we head for the Stirling Ranges, one of Western Australia’s few mountain wildernesses with rugged peaks that rise over 1000 metres. We will do one of the many walks on offer, keeping the day flexible as there are so many great spots to visit. Your guide will decide the best route on the day but the group may visit ‘Bluff Knoll’ a 4 hour trek in the Stirling Ranges. (BLD)
Day 5 – Southwest Region
Our first stop of the day is at ‘Mount Clarence’ to overlook the Albany township. From there, the landscape changes dramatically as we head into the heart of the southern Eucalypt forests of Western Australia. We enjoy a tree top walk at the “Valley of the Giants”; a unique structure that takes you up into the canopy of a very ancient and special eucalypts called Red Tingle trees. (BLD)
Day 6 –Southwest Region to Perth
Start the day by climbing one of the giant Karri trees, once used as a fire lookout. Next we head to Ngilgi Cave for a personalised Koomal Dreaming Aboriginal dreamtime, bush foods and tool-making session, where you will experience and learn about the Indigenous culture of this area. Sit back, relax and reflect on your experiences over the last six days as we head back to Western Australia's capital city Perth. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: YHA Perth at 07:00am. Other pick up locations available are: Billabong Backpackers at 06:20am; Brittania on William at 06:45am; Wellington St Tourist Coach Stand at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening on day 6.
Apr: 14 28
May: 12 26
Oct: 13 27
Nov: 10 24
Dec to Mar: Sun
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- meals as indicated
- camping fees & equipment (except sleeping bag)
- National Park fees.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- towel & toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (not available for hire or purchase on the tour, so please bring your own).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is operated by touring partner Nullarbor Traveller.
- Sleeping bags are compulsory for this tour. Nullarbor Traveller do not offer sleeping bags for purchase or hire, so passengers must have their own to bring.
- Due to the remote locations that we are visiting we use bush camps with limited facilities on some nights.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.