After a great West Coast adventure while still exploring some of the inland National Parks? This 10 day tour starts in Perth and will take you on an action packed adventure including sand boarding the dunes and swimming in some of Western Australia's most beautiful beaches. Camp under the stars as well as stay in dorm share accommodation. Need some time to relax? Sunbake on Turquoise Bay or take a quad bike out for the afternoon. Spot dolphins at Monkey Mia and get your snorkel out at Coral Bay.
This tour is only for fit and active passengers. The tour includes hikes of 5-9kms a day over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Some hikes may require sections of walking/swimming through water. Temperatures can be extreme — very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. Adventure Tours reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure. Tour is not suitable for children. There is a STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs per person, in a backpack or soft bag.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $1455.00EUR €1010.00GBP £870.00
|Route||Perth to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1455.00EUR €1010.00GBP £870.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
ITINERARY:Day 1 – Perth to Horrocks
DEFAULT PICK UP: Barrack St Jetty, 07:15am
Our journey starts by heading to the Nambung National Park to visit the remarkable Pinnacles Desert beforemaking our way to Jurien Bay’s massive sand dunes. Make the most of your opportunity to go sandboardingdown the slopes and perfect your technique before we continue on through Geraldton to Horrocks wherewe stay overnight. (LD)
Day 2 – Horrocks to Shark Bay
It’s a short drive to Kalbarri National Park where we explore some of its hidden treasures such as MurchisonGorge, Nature’s Window and Z-Bend Gorge (it is a steep descent but well worth the effort when you getthere). There’s also the option to abseil here for the adrenaline junkies in the group (own expense). Afterlunch we visit the beautiful and unique Shell Beach then travel towards Denham and Shark Bay. (BLD)
Day 3 – Shark Bay to Coral Bay
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula we make our way down to the beach to say g’day to the worldfamous Monkey Mia dolphins – it’s a unique experience with some fantastic photo opportunities. As wetravel towards Carnarvon, we stop to view the interesting stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. Our journeycontinues after a stop at Carnarvon as we continue along the highway to Coral Bay, the Jewel of theNorthwest. (BLD)
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
Today is yours to explore Coral Bay and soak up the wonders of Ningaloo Reef and its fantastic marine life.You can go snorkeling, cruise on the glass bottom boat, take a quad bike tour or even a joy flight over thereef to make the most of your time here(own expense and subject to availability). Late in the afternoon wemake the short drive into Exmouth for the night. (BLD)
Day 5 – Exmouth
Another day of freedom and relaxation! You can head underwater to go diving or (in season) search forwhale sharks! Alternatively, why not try out some other activities in the area like a snorkel, swim or just lazeon the beach at Turquoise Bay with a good book and work on your tan (optional activities, includingsnorkeling, at own expense). (BLD)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Karijini National Park
We travel inland today, stopping in the iron ore mining town of Tom Price for provisions before setting upcamp overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range. You’ll need a good night of sleep to be ready fortomorrow. (BLD)
Days 7 and 8 – Karijini National Park
It’s adventure time! Two full days of fun is the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini NationalPark and its amazing gorges. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges are some of themost unusual landforms on earth. Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and stillwaterholes where you can enjoy some great swimming opportunities. Dales Gorge, Fortesque Falls, FernPool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge and Hancock Gorge are just some of the stunning areas we’ll get to.Definitely a highlight! (BLD)
Day 9 – Karijini to Great Northern Highway
It’s a short drive to Auski Roadhouse before we begin our drive South along the Great Northern Highway.We’ll travel through Newman, the iron ore Mecca of the North and pass many large sheep stations (someover 1 million acres in size). We share our last night together at one of the vast stations in this area. (BLD)
Day 10 – Great Northern Highway to Perth
Leaving early we travel to the gold mining town of Mt Magnet. After a short break we are once more on ourway to Perth. As the kilometers slip by we soon find ourselves in the wheat and sheep farming districts NorthEast of Perth. Early afternoon will find us at the picturesque town of New Norcia, built as a mission byBenedictine monks in the 1840’s. As the day draws to a close we arrive into Perth where we make our final goodbye. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Perth accommodation from 06:30am. Default pick up: Barrack St Jetty at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening Day 10.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals and accommodation as indicated
- 6 nights multi-share accommodation (or upgrade to single/double with shared facilities) and 3 nights camping including fees and equipment
- National park entry fees
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD$30).
- Would you like to swim with the Whalesharks? Whaleshark season in WA runs from April through to July and passengers have the option of taking part in a Whaleshark swim on Day 5 of their tour in Exmouth. We don't book this option, however the company we use is Kings Ningaloo Reef. Although our Guides can book this for you on Day 1 of your tour, during busy periods such as school holidays we do advise that you book in advance to avoid disappointment. You can either do this through your Travel Agent or direct via phone or email. Please find a link to their website, along with their contact number below, it's certainly an experience not to be missed!
08 9949 1764
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- National Park rules request that only biodegradable soap products are used whilst in Karijini National Park.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15KG applies.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours/Intrepid with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.