Camping under the stars and in dorm share accommodation on this tour through Western Australia. Start in in the capital, Perth, you'll be spotting dolphins in Monkey Mia and snorkelling the beautiful reef out of Coral Bay. Take a swim in Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. We'll also take you to Exmouth, Carnarvon, Cable Beach and New Norcia along the way. The tour ends in Broome in the Kimberley on the evening of day 14. An adventure for those who are after a true no frills experience.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $1815.00EUR €1260.00GBP £1085.00
|Route||Perth to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1815.00EUR €1260.00GBP £1085.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Horrocks
DEFAULT PICK UP: Barrack St Jetty, 07:15am
Leaving Perth we enter Nambung National Park to explore the Pinnacles Desert . We then journey to thesand dunes of Jurien Bay where you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a sandboard down the slopes. From here we continue on through Geraldton to Horrocks where we stay overnight. (LD)
Day 2 – Horrocks to Shark Bay
Today we take the short drive to Kalbarri National Park where we explore some of the park’s diverse scenery like Murchison Gorge, Natures Window, the Loop and Z-Bend Gorge. There is also the option to abseil here for those looking for even more adventure (own expense). After lunch we visit the beautiful Shell Beach , one of only two beaches in the world made entirely from shells, before getting back on the road towards Denham and Shark Bay. (BLD)
Day 3 – Shark Bay to Coral Bay
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula we make our way down to the beach and pay a visit to the world famous Monkey Mia dolphins – sure to become your new best friends. The next stop is Carnarvon where we see the fascinating stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. After a short break we continue along the highway to Coral Bay, the ‘Jewel of the Northwest’. (BLD)
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
Take a day to relax and explore Coral Bay – which is just as relaxing as the name suggests. We’ll also take a visit to the Ningaloo Reef to see the amazing marine life that lives below the waterline. Take a snorkel or cruise on a glass bottom boat to see for yourself. Or take a quad bike tour or see the reef from another perspective and with a joy flights over the reef. (All at own expense and subject to availability).When late afternoon comes around it’s time for the short drive into Exmouth. (BLD)
Day 5 – Exmouth
Today we will explore Yardie Creek in the Cape Range National Park, have a swim, snorkel or sunbathe at beautiful Turquoise Bay and admire the view from historic Vlahming Head Lighthouse. (BL)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Karijini National Park
We head inland through vast cattle stations to reach the outback oasis of Karijini National Park. This afternoon we will pass through Tom Price, a little town known for its iron ore mining, before reaching our camp overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range. (LD)
Days 7 and 8 – Karijini National Park
Two full days of adventure is just the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini National Park and its amazing gorges. You’ll be able to take some great photos while you’re here – perfect for your Facebook feed. Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and fresh, still waterholes that are ideal for swimming. Dales Gorge, Fortesque Falls, Fern Pool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge and Hancock Gorge are just some of the unforgettable areas we’ll visit. Definitely a highlight! (BLD)
Day 9 – Karijini National Park to Pilbra Region
Say goodbye to Karijini this morning as we travel towards the coast and the iron ore town of Port Hedland. We have time for a quick town tour and to marvel at the sheer size of the iron ore industry. After lunch we continue on towards the Pilbra region where we spend the night together on an overnight station stay. (BLD)
Day 10 – Pilbra Region to Broome
En-route to Broome we enjoy a leisurely break and take in the glory of the stretching sands of picturesque 80 Mile Beach, one of Australia’s hidden gems. Enjoy a stroll along the white sandy beach and get some fantastic photos of the azure water, before our final leg into Broome. (BL)
Day 11 – Broome
Be prepared to get swept away by Broome’s chilled out vibe. Enjoy a day at your own leisure to relax on beautiful Cable Beach or explore the town, one of Australia’s most beautiful holiday destinations. With 22km of white sand and crystal waters there is plenty to see and do in Broome. You can organise a tour out to one of the local pearl farms. The day is yours to explore and enjoy the fantastic weather (meals at own expense).
Day 12 – Broome to Pilbara Region
We commence our long journey South today as we retrace our steps back towards Perth with an overnight station stay in the Pilbara region. (LD)
Day 13 – Pilbara Region to Great Northern Highway
It’s a short drive to Auski Roadhouse before beginning the long drive South along the Great Northern Highway. We pass through the iron ore mecca of the north, Newman and pass through many large sheep stations, some more than 1 million acres in size. We share our last night together at Nallan Station, one of the vast stations in this area. (BLD)
Day 14 – Great Northern Highway to Perth
Leaving early we travel to the gold mining town of Mt Magnet. A short break and once more we are on our way to Perth. As the kilometers slip by we soon find ourselves in the wheat and sheep farming districts north east of Perth. By early afternoon we will find ourselves at the picturesque town of New Norcia built as a mission by Benedictine monks in the 1840’s. As the day draws to a close we arrive into Perth where we will make our final goodbye. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Perth accommodation from 06:30am. Default pick up: Barrack St Jetty at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening Day 14.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide,
- meals as indicated,
- 6 nights camping fees and equipment,
- 7 nights dorm accommodation (or upgrade to 7 nights twin/double or single with shared facilities),
- national park entry fees.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for AUD$30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Due to the remote nature of the Pilbara region we use bush camps with limited facilities on some nights.
- Adventure Tours Australia reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.