Answer the ancient call of wild coastal rainforest
There are currently no scheduled departures on this trip. Please contact us and we can suggest alternative options.
Leave hustle and bustle in the rear-view mirror on this five-day journey to some of the world’s oldest tropical rainforest and the untouched coast it spills onto. This tour takes you into the heart of the land the Kuku Yalanji people have called home for 50,000 years, into the complex ecosystem of the forest and deserted white-sand beaches. Learn about hunting native plants from a First Nations guide, encounter crocodiles and colourful birds on a cruise through mangrove thickets and walk under heavy green canopy in Mossman Gorge.
- Cairns, Australia
- Cairns, Australia
- East Coast,Queensland
- Intrepid Retreats
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 4, Max 16
- Cairns – Barron Gorge lookout
- Kuranda – Lunch stop
- Port Douglas – Local dinner
- Port Douglas – Leader-lead orientation walk
- Port Douglas – Trinity Bay lookout
It’s very important that you attend the welcome meeting as we will be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this time. If you are going to be late please let your travel agent or hotel reception know. Ask reception or look for a note in the lobby for more information on where the meeting will take place.
- Cape Tribulation – Lookout & guided walk
- Daintree Rainforest – Guided nature walk
- Daintree Rainforest – Cooper Creek boat trip
- Daintree Rainforest – Heritage restaurant lunch
- Mossman Gorge – Guided rainforest walk
- Kuyu Kuyu – Kuku Yalanji First Nations experience
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
1. A single supplement is available for every night of this trip
2. If you’d like to stay a little longer post-trip accommodation can be booked in Port Douglas, or we can take you back to Cairns on day 5 where post-trip accommodation is also available
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information