The rugged Aussie Outback has never been so accessible.
Embark on a nine-day Northern Territory adventure from Alice Springs to Darwin, showcasing the region’s biggest and best drawcards. Check out Uluru at a stunning sunrise, wander through the mighty canyons of Kata Tjuta and soak up all the views from Kings Canyon. After an included flight to Darwin, continue onwards to enjoy exclusive access to Arnhem Land and get a taste of the tropics in Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks, as well as the awesome Katherine Gorge. This fast-paced adventure will take you to the real Australia, giving you a deeper understanding of First Nations cultures and an appreciation of northern Australia’s rugged natural beauty.
- Alice Springs, Australia
- Darwin, Australia
- Northern Territory, Uluru, Outback, Kakadu
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 24
Why you'll love this trip
See rocky red cliffs, monsoon forests, plunging waterfalls and some of the Top End’s best landscapes with visits to Kakadu, Nitmiluk and Litchfield national parks.
Learn about the cultural importance of these spectacular landscapes through the eyes of experienced and knowledgeable leaders, including a local Bininj Guluyambi guide.
Sleep under the stars in an Aussie swag in the Red Centre, and witness the changing dawn colours of Uluru on an unforgettable sunrise viewing and breakfast with your small group.
With a local group leader, they’ll know all of the most scenic trails to hike and the best waterholes for swimming. Kings Canyon? Jim Jim Falls? Bluey Rockholes? They’ve got you covered.
Skip over 1500 kilometres – almost 24 hours – of straight driving between Alice Springs and Darwin and fly with Qantas between your Red Centre and Top End adventures.
Is this trip right for you?
Meals6 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 6 dinners
TransportAll Terrain vehicle, Private vehicle
AccommodationCamping (with shared facilities) (1 night), Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nights), Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights), Hostel (2 nights)
- Uluru Base Walk
- Uluru sunset drinks
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Valley of the Winds walk
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Guluyambi Cultural Cruise
- Mawurndaddja rock art and occupation complex
- Jim Jim Falls Walk
- Maguk (Barramundi Gorge)
- Edith Falls
- Buley Rockholes
- Florence Falls
- Litchfield National Park
- Wangi Falls
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Uluru and Arnhem Land Camping Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Jump to a departure month
1. Tour commences in Alice Springs on Day 1 at 6:05am and finishes in Darwin on Day 9 at approximately 6 pm. Onward travel should be booked the following day (many flights also leave Darwin quite late in the evening)
2. For the Kings Canyon Rim Walk it is a requirement that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water with you. Please consider bringing your own refillable water bottles.
3. The Top End & Kakadu portion of this trip has a strict luggage limit of 10 kg. Excess luggage can not be carried however, it can be stored at Darwin accommodation.
4. This trip requires a sleeping bag
5. This is a combination trip, made up of two of our most popular trips.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information