Depending on the region you’re travelling in, Basix trips stay in either shared permanent tents at established campsites or dorm-share accommodation. Most campsites are powered. Some regions also include the option of sleeping under the stars in a swag (a small Aussie tent). Sleeping bags are required on Basix trips. You can either bring your own or purchase one from us in advance.
Original-style camping is in shared permanent twin-share tents that feature cosy beds, wooden floors, full linen, lighting, power points, a bedside table and fans. Twin-share hostel/motel rooms are the go, with the option of a single supplement also available. If you’re travelling solo, you’ll be paired with someone of the same gender.
Travel in purpose-built minibuses or 4WDs (both with air-con) with forward-facing seats and seat belts. Check out the Essential Trip Information of the individual tour for more information regarding which vehicle you will be travelling in.
Red Centre Fleet
- Brand-new fleet of vehicles are used on 3- and 4-day trips in the Red Centre and West MacDonnell Ranges.
- All are equipped with 24 forward-facing reclining seats with seatbelts, air conditioning and curtains. There’s a DVD player on board for entertainment and above-head storage for daypacks, allowing extra leg room for added comfort.
Minibus & trailer
- A 24-seat minibus and trailer, equipped with seatbelts and air conditioning, is used on our Overnight Uluru trips.
Top End 4WD Fleet
- We use 16- or 21-seat 4WD vehicles in the Top End to access areas like Twin Falls, Jim Jim Falls and Gunlom Falls. These vehicles are purpose built to tackle the Top End!
- Equipped with forward-facing seats with seatbelts, air conditioning, curtains and tinted windows, our vehicles are spacious and comfortable.
- We don’t use trailers in the Top End, so it’s important to keep luggage to a maximum 10kg. Pack your things in a soft bag for easy storage under the waterproof canopy on top of the 4WD.
West Coast 4WD fleet
- Equipped with forward-facing seats with seatbelts, air conditioning, tinted windows and curtains, so you can relax when you choose to.
- Purpose-built 20-seat Isuzu 4WD Trucks are used on Perth to Broome & Broome to Darwin trips for navigating 4WD tracks such as the Gibb River Road and Pentecost River Crossing.
- Some vehicles may be dual-branded including WesternXposure, our local Western Australian brand. Our vehicles will also have Adventure Tours and Intrepid Travel branding.
Meals during camping days are included and freshly prepared. Please note that travellers are required to assist with meal preparation and clean up duties on these occasions. (Camp hosts assist with meal prep on our original Red Centre trips.) On days where meals aren’t included, your guide can recommend the best local eateries.
For special dietary requirements, please refer to the Essential Trip Information for your tour.Contact us >