The only way to see Western Australia’s Coral Coast, in only 4 days.
Australia’s West Coast is a remote, stunning and truly unforgettable region. The 4-day Perth to Monkey Mia (& return) Adventure hugs much of the state’s coastline, where the outback meets some of the most deserted yet pristine beaches in the world. Meander between the Pinnacles, meet the local dolphins at Monkey Mia, and enjoy spectacular vistas along Kalbarri National Park’s skywalk.
- Perth City, Australia
- Perth City, Australia
- West Coast,Western Australia
- New trips
- Physical rating
- Min 18
- Group size
- Min 8, Max 24
Why you’ll love this trip
- Visit Monkey Mia in the Shark Bay region, where local wild dolphins have visited the area for decades.
- Discover Western Australia’s desert landscapes, national parks and sublime Coral Coast in rugged style on the ultimate small group adventure.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the expert knowledge of a passionate local guide – what’s not to love about the land of Aus?
Is this trip right for you?
- It is a ‘no frills’ West Coast experience. You’ll spend some nights of the trip sleeping at multi-share accommodation that may be mixed gender dormitories. While conditions can be basic, this is all part of the adventure.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of desert. Sit back and enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel, and please read the itinerary carefully for travel time estimates.
- Temperatures in Western Australia can be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
- All times and distances are subject to road and weather conditions.
Welcome to sunny Perth, where your overland journey begins. Meet your group early this morning and leave the city, driving north to Nambung National Park to explore The Pinnacles. These are ancient rock sculptures that rise out of the desert. Journey on through Geraldton to Western Australia’s own Pink Lake at Port Gregory. From here continue on to the quiet beach town of Kalbarri, where you’ll stay the night.
Hostel (1 night) Kalbarri
Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance
The total driving time today is about 6.5 hours and approximately 600km. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
Today take a short drive to Kalbarri National Park. Hike around some of the park’s diverse scenery, including the amazing Kalbarri Skywalk, Murchison Gorges and Nature’s Window. It’s a steep descent into Z-Bend Gorge. After lunch visit the beautiful Shell Beach, which is one of only two beaches in the world composed entirely of shells. Get back on the road and continue towards Denham and Shark Bay.
Hostel (1 night) Monkey Mia
Kalbarri National Park Entrance
The total driving time today is about 5.5 hours and approximately 470km. The total walking distance is approximately 5km.
This morning head down to the beach for the Monkey Mia dolphins experience. The idyllic shores around the Francoise Peron National Park are perfect to stretch the legs and admire another slice of Western Australian coastline. The next stop is Hamelin Pool where you’ll see the fascinating stromatolites, these marine rock formations are some of the world’s oldest and largest living fossils. We now travel South through the outback before arriving at our overnight stop at Northbrook Farm near Northampton. For our last night together, we’ll get a taste of real country life, feeding animals, playing farm-hand and listening to local stories under the stars.
Hostel (1 night) Northbrook Farmstay
Monkey Mia National Park Entrance
The total driving time today is about 4.5 hours and approximately 400km. The total walking distance is approximately 2km.
We leave our Farmstay to head to Geraldton, visit the HMAS Sydney memorial lookout and learn about the colourful history of this area, see the St Francis Xavier Cathedral and Point Moore Lighthouse. Slowly meandering back to Perth, we stop to visit Greenough Wildlife and Bird Park. A wildlife sanctuary promoting conservation and animal rescue; get up close to dingoes, emus, orphan kangaroo joeys, saltwater crocodiles, handle lizards and even snakes. Admire the incredible white sand dunes of Lancelin before first drop-offs in town around in the early evening; take your final selfies, swap contacts with fellow travelers and plot your next adventure.
Greenough Wildlife Park Entrance
The total driving time today is about 4.5 hours and approximately 490km. The total walking distance is approximately 1km.
Dates & availability
Trip search is unavailable.
Jump to a departure date
- Tour commences in Perth on Day 1 at 7 am and finishes in Perth (Day 4) at approximately 6pm.
- A strict luggage limit of 15 kg applies. Please bring a soft-sided bag only.
- The accommodation on this trip is in mixed-gender multi-share hostels. The minimum age for this trip is 18 years old.
Essential trip information
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information