Jump in our 4WDs as we take you on an adventure that only these types of vehicles can access in the Top End as we leave from Darwin on this tour. Relax at Jim Jim Falls and be blown away by the beauty of this waterfall inside the Kakadu National Park. Dust of your hiking shoes as we're going into Litchfield National Park for a hiking experience you won't forget.
Max Passengers: 16
AUD $625.00EUR €435.00GBP £375.00
|Route||Darwin to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $625.00EUR €435.00GBP £375.00|
|Price Child||AUD $520.00EUR €395.00GBP £330.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving cosmopolitan Darwin, we journey south to beautiful Litchfield National Park, where we experience the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing.* We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural features and for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu. Once we get there, we’ll hike to the base of this 200m natural wonder, before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. We stop in at Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre this afternoon to learn more about local Indigenous culture. The scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
TROPICAL SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/ Dec-May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal) | Wildlife Cruise | Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom Falls | Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening day 3.
Tour departs: All Year: Daily
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guide
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- permanent campsites
- 2 nights camping fees and equipment
UPGRADE TO SAFARI TENTS (available November – March only):
Our SAFARI tents are designed for those wanting a comfortable but adventurous experience. Whilst not luxury accommodation (passengers have to walk to shared shower and toilet facilities), SAFARI tents are considerably more comfortable than our Explorer and Unleashed tour options in terms of facilities offered. SAFARI accommodation features twin share beds in spacious permanent tents with interior lights and fans. All linen, pillows and towels are provided. Please enquire with Reservations when booking for upgrade requests.
AUD: $750 per person for twin tent ($620 child), $790 for single tent
EUR: €575 per person for twin tent (€475 child), €615 for single tent
GBP: ₤480 per person for twin tent (₤400 child), ₤500 for single tent
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle (1.5L)
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies in Kakadu Nov/Dec-May.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg applies on all Kakadu tours.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.